What we do...
The Cullman County Economic Development (CCED) Office is an economic development office for Cullman County and, at the discretion of the Cullman County Commission, assists local municipalities, as well. CCED, in cooperation with the Cullman County Industrial Development Authority, helps facilitate industrial, commercial, and small business development throughout Cullman County.
CCED is also very active is acquiring ADECA grants, Rebuild Alabama Grants, RC&D Grants, FEMA Grants, and others that help improve the lives of all Cullman County citizens.
These grants have helped fund the following:
- Repaving of County Road 4 and County Road 6
- Cullman County Parks & Rec projects
- Stony Lonesome OHV Park Car Wash and Bath House
- Two new bridges at Stony Lonesome OHV Park
- Updated motorized trails at Stony Lonesome OHV Park
- New playground equipment at Sportsman Lake Park
- Splashpad at Sportsman Lake Park
- Community Center improvements
- Retrofitting the former Rescue Squad building into the Pandemic Response Center
- Obtained storm shelters for communities across all of Cullman County
Each year, CCED participates in the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Firefighter's Assistance Grant Program. This program aids local volunteer fire and rescue organizations in obtaining protective equipment, operating and training equipment, and vehicles. CCED also aids county fire departments in obtaining grant money that has aided the departments by obtaining the equipment listed above along with valuable life saving devices like LUCAS Chest Compression System.
CCED is proud to work closely with all of our local partners to help keep Cullman County moving forward!